2010 Estate Reserve Shiraz
- Full bodied in every respect, thus deserving the ‘Big Red’ self-description but not in any way departing from a region/variety symbiotic link; black fruits, dark chocolate and French Oak all contribute. Excellent winery able to produce wines of high to very high quality. 94 points. – 2014 James Halliday Australian Wine Companion.
- Deep purple-red like the Reserve, unashamedly full-bodied, concentrated and intense. 2008 James Halliday Australian Wine Companion
2005 Reserve Shiraz
- Five stars. Impenetrable purple, verging on black, hyper concentrated regional style swollen with bitter chocolate, blackberry and plum, a heroic Henry VIII style! 2008 James Halliday Australian Wine Companion
- 94 points. Five Stars. This new maker has two ripping Shirazes. The Reserve is concentrated, rich and ripe, but not over the top or alchol-hot; rather its chock-full of bold plum and chocolate flavours with a lick of licorice. Fruit-sweet, big and chunky.. Huon Hooke, Gourmet Traveller Wine Magazine 2007
- Top Aussie Red. Huon Hooke, Good Living Magazine, Sydney Morning Herald, October 2006
- Four and a half stars – Deep colour, inky black fruit, liquorice and chocolate aromas and flavours, very concentrated and full-bodied with a multi-layered palate and an abundance of tannins.. 2007 James Halliday Australian Wine Companion
- A well constructed wine with deep, strong fruit that’s well supported by smooth, fine drying tannins and fresh acid. The flavours are intense with mulberry, plum, spices (pepper and a hint of nutmeg) and blackberry on a long…..,very dry finish. A muscular-weight wine with a firm consistency, there is some elegance to it despite its size and intensity, a very good wine!. Ric Einstein TORBwine 2006
2004 Reserve Shiraz
- Highly recommended. The quality is immediately evident. Pure, deeply-seated, strong fruit drives the wine but it solidly backed by smooth, fine, tight tannins and fresh acid, the balance and construction are excellent. A beautiful expression of fruit that is very savoury on the up-take, mulberry, cherry, chocolate, a big grind of white pepper, with blackberry and coffee oak on the tail, it finishes long and dry.. Ric Einstein TORBwine 2006.